Monday, June 22, 2015

Give Hope. Give Joy.

I was at the train station walking to my office when I passed by a homeless man who was sitting on the floor with his head down. I felt something inside telling me to go back and talk to him. I checked my wallet and I had a dollar. I went back and gave the dollar to the man. He looked at me in the eyes with a sincere smile and said thank you. I told him: “God Bless You.” And he said: “Thanks, I really needed to hear that.” I felt something in my heart and my eyes became watery. I kneeled in front of the man and asked him for his name. He said: “I’m Ronald, Ronny.” He thanked me for stopping by, he said that many people just walk by and ignore him completely. I told him that God told me to tell him that there is hope. Ronny said: “Do you really think so? I do not see it? I struggle every day to find joy.” I could not hold my tears anymore. I told him that I pray that God will give him life, hope, light, and new breath… We spent a few minutes talking about his struggles with finding hope and joy in this world and I shared my view, praying that it will give him at least a little bit of hope. Now I realize that more than money, people like Ronny need HOPE. If you see someone struggling in this life, just acknowledge them, even if you don’t happen to have cash that day, but give them hope, it can make a difference in someone’s day, in someone’s life, or even in someone’s life after this one.

Sincerely,

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment