Saturday, March 28, 2015

When did we become boring?

When did we stop building sand castles, exploring wild life in the garden, or looking for treasures in the backyard? When did we stop playing soccer with whatever we could find (a bottle, a can, a ball made out of paper and tape)? When did we stop building camps inside the house with bed sheets? When did we stop skipping down the street like little girls do? When did we stop climbing trees? When and why did we become boring and stop enjoying life? I want to enjoy all those things that I enjoyed when I was a little kid. It was simple. It was fun. It was awesome because I was not worried about "stuff." I was not worried about having more money, a better title, a nicer car, or fancier clothes or shoes. I was just happy enjoying the moment, enjoying life, having fun and not being boring.

Sincerely,

Valerie

¿En qué momento nos volvimos aburridos?


¿Cuándo fue que paramos de construir castillos de arena, de explorar insectos en el jardín, de buscar tesoros en el patio? ¿Cuándo fue que paramos de jugar fútbol con lo que fuera que hubiera (una botella, lata o una pelota hecha de papel y cinta adhesiva)? ¿Cuándo fue que paramos de hacer campamentos hechos de sábanas dentro de la casa? ¿Cuándo fue que paramos de avanzar por la calle con pequeños brincos como lo hacen las niñas? ¿Cuándo fue que paramos de treparnos a los árboles? ¿En qué momento y por qué nos volvimos aburridos y paramos de disfrutar de la vida? Yo quiero disfrutar de todas esas cosas que me hacían feliz cuando era una niña. Era sencillo. Era divertido. Era increíble porque no estaba preocupada por "cosas". No estaba preocupada por dinero, o por tener un mejor título, o un carro más bonito, o ropa y zapatos más finos. Simplemente era feliz disfrutando del momento, disfrutando de la vida, divirtiéndome y no siendo una aburrida.

Sinceramente,

Valerie

1 comment:

  1. I’ve wonder the same.
    Kids are like white canvas. No Expectations, no judgement or aiming to fulfil rules about success.
    At certain point of life; probably the same time that we start caring about brands and trendy things.
    We also start caring about what others think or expect from us to be and by doing that we start forgetting about what we are.
    We start to drive in “auto-pilot”.
    It’s interesting how many religions/philosophies highlight kids behaviour and how we should be but in the other hand our society
    will judge if you act as kid.
    Probably the key will be in the word balance. ;)

    ReplyDelete