Anonymous
She woke up at 6am like every day. A tepid breakfast and a cup of coffee reminded her that it was only Tuesday. Lately the road to the weekend had been feeling longer. She wore the usual attire and headed out to work. Same gray cubicle, same routine. Coworkers that look at you but don't see you. The feeling that if you didn't show up for a week nobody would notice.
But this day was not meant to be the same. Something in the air was announcing what was about to come. Like a summer breeze; like the fresh smell of rose petals; like an incomprehensible peace. She turned around on her chair and saw a person standing right there. Even though this was a stranger, his face seemed unusually familiar. "I know you", said the stranger. "I have seen you for the past months and I truly believe that you are an important part of the team. Your daily effort is inspiring, but I am more interested in the things that you don't tell anybody; those things in your mind; all those incredible ideas. We need to get together and chat. I want you to know that you are not unseen; that if you were gone for just one day everything would be ruined. I want you to know that I know your name. I want you to know that you are not anonymous."
She woke up at 6am like every day. A tepid breakfast and a cup of coffee reminded her that it was only Tuesday. Lately the road to the weekend had been feeling longer. She wore the usual attire and headed out to work. Same gray cubicle, same routine. Coworkers that look at you but don't see you. The feeling that if you didn't show up for a week nobody would notice.
But this day was not meant to be the same. Something in the air was announcing what was about to come. Like a summer breeze; like the fresh smell of rose petals; like an incomprehensible peace. She turned around on her chair and saw a person standing right there. Even though this was a stranger, his face seemed unusually familiar. "I know you", said the stranger. "I have seen you for the past months and I truly believe that you are an important part of the team. Your daily effort is inspiring, but I am more interested in the things that you don't tell anybody; those things in your mind; all those incredible ideas. We need to get together and chat. I want you to know that you are not unseen; that if you were gone for just one day everything would be ruined. I want you to know that I know your name. I want you to know that you are not anonymous."
Anónimo
Se levantó a las 6 de la mañana como siempre. Un desayuno tibio y una taza de café le recordaron que a penas era martes. Últimamente el camino al fin de semana se sentía más largo que de costumbre. Se puso la vestimenta usual y salió rumbo a la oficina. El mismo cubículo gris; la misma rutina. Los compañeros que te ven pero no te miran. Ese sentimiento de que si faltara al trabajo por una semana nadie lo notaría.
Sin embargo este día no iba a ser igual. Algo en el aire anunciaba lo que estaba por venir. Como una brisa de verano; como un fresco olor a pétalos de rosa; como una paz inentendible. Volteó su silla en un rápido movimiento y vio a una persona en pie. Aunque parecía un desconocido su rostro era inusualmente familiar. "Yo te conozco", le dijo el desconocido. "Yo te he visto durante los últimos meses y me parece que eres una pieza importante del equipo. Tu esfuerzo diario es inspirador, pero me interesan más las cosas que no le cuentas a nadie; las cosas que están en tu mente; todas esas ideas. Debemos reunirnos para charlar. Quiero que sepas que no has pasado desapercibida; que si tú faltaras por tan sólo un día todo se arruinaría. Quiero que sepas que yo sé tu nombre. Quiero que sepas que no eres anónima."
Se levantó a las 6 de la mañana como siempre. Un desayuno tibio y una taza de café le recordaron que a penas era martes. Últimamente el camino al fin de semana se sentía más largo que de costumbre. Se puso la vestimenta usual y salió rumbo a la oficina. El mismo cubículo gris; la misma rutina. Los compañeros que te ven pero no te miran. Ese sentimiento de que si faltara al trabajo por una semana nadie lo notaría.
Sin embargo este día no iba a ser igual. Algo en el aire anunciaba lo que estaba por venir. Como una brisa de verano; como un fresco olor a pétalos de rosa; como una paz inentendible. Volteó su silla en un rápido movimiento y vio a una persona en pie. Aunque parecía un desconocido su rostro era inusualmente familiar. "Yo te conozco", le dijo el desconocido. "Yo te he visto durante los últimos meses y me parece que eres una pieza importante del equipo. Tu esfuerzo diario es inspirador, pero me interesan más las cosas que no le cuentas a nadie; las cosas que están en tu mente; todas esas ideas. Debemos reunirnos para charlar. Quiero que sepas que no has pasado desapercibida; que si tú faltaras por tan sólo un día todo se arruinaría. Quiero que sepas que yo sé tu nombre. Quiero que sepas que no eres anónima."

No comments:
Post a Comment